Caging is a vital and often overlooked part of the fundraising process. It can be complicated and time consuming so it’s important that your campaign has the best caging solution available. CMDI can offer that.
CMDI provides a process that we call “compliance caging”. Our caging staff has extensive knowledge of the FEC rules that regulate campaign contributions and all donations are screened for exceptions such as over-limit contributions.
This way, we ensure that your campaigns gets your money in the bank as fast as possible without having to worry about an FEC violation. We also scan all the checks that we cage so they are electronically archived and readily available for reference.
We process mail, telemarketing files, cash and more. Using our caging services, your campaign can receive donations by any method you wish. Also, we are usually able to deposit those donations in to your bank account on the same day, even if we receive them in the afternoon.
Our caging services include:
- Retrieve mail from a local post office box on an agreed upon schedule
- Open mail and sort it according client specifications
- Pull from the sorted mail “exception” contributions that cannot be deposited due to check problems or compliance problems
- Pull contributions over the amount designated by client for review
- Prepare bank deposits and batches for data entry
- Make deposits in local bank
- Process credit card contributions
- Return non-donor mail to the campaign as directed
- Mail response