Simplify the Compliance Process
You work hard to fundraise for your campaign. Keep your money.
Whether you are need a team of experts to assist your campaign or PAC with compliance efforts or need to file a complex Joint Fundraising Committee report, CMDI’s FEC reporting and compliance services can help you.
If you’ve ever been confused about how to file your FEC reports, you’re not alone. FEC regulations are different from standard accounting practices, and making the right reporting decisions can be difficult. As industry leaders, CMDI knows the importance of clarity, directness, and efficiency for federal campaign filing.
Whether you’re new to FEC report filing or have been doing it for years, or if you’re just starting to raise funds or have extensive donation transactions to work with, CMDI has filing options perfectly suited for your Republican committee.
Crimson treasury and compliance reports empower users to confirm their totals and clean their data before piecing together a report.
Powerful and easy-to-use tools facilitate exception coding, gift splitting, re-attributions, redesignations, and more. Crimson also identifies donor records needing “Best Efforts” follow-up and makes that process work smoothly.
For state level filings, Crimson generates the data you need to file your reports. Currently Crimson is integrated with a handful of major Republican state election committees. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if Crimson works with your state election committee.
To optimize our client’s compliance assurance, our team rigorously conducts the following process:
Screening & Data Entry
• Opening, screening, coding, batching, scanning and deposit of check contributions
• Processing of credit card and cash contributions
• Data entry and scanning of donor and contribution information into Crimson
• Screening for contributions requiring Best Efforts
• Screening for potential exception gifts (unacceptable gifts), which include:
- Corporate checks
- Over limit donors
- Special situation correspondence for partnerships, LLCs, PACs and other organizations
- Missing information
- Declined transactions
- Foreign nationals
- All other potential exceptions as specified by the FEC
• Batching of exception contributions and contributions requiring Best Effort communications
• Creation and delivery of exception and Best Effort correspondence, as required by current FEC regulations, to donors
• Tracking and monitoring status for exception and Best Effort correspondence
Processing & Recording Transactions
• Processing of reattributions and redesignations
• Processing special situation correspondence for partnerships, LLCs, PACs and other organizations
• Preparation of refund request lists
• Recording of refund, debit and chargeback adjustments
• Recording of in-kind contributions
• Donor contribution issue research
Data Clean-up and Account Reconciliation
• Automated and manual data hygiene processing of donor data to validate contact data and the merging of identifiable duplicate records
• Reconciling contribution revenue data to bank and merchant statements in preparation for FEC reporting
FEC Report Preparation
• Preparation and filing of required FEC reports including amendment reports
• Coordination and consultation with Treasury staff, senior advisors and legal counsel