A recent survey from the Shorenstein Center at Harvard Kennedy School found that only 39% of campaign staffers are concerned about hacks. Jack and Adrienne discuss simple steps your campaign can take that aren’t expensive or time consuming to make your data and systems more secure.
In the episode, they discuss:
- Two-factor authentication & why you need it
- The problems of sharing accounts
- Why user permissions help you
- Information you shouldn’t share on social media
- Bad passwords
- Avoiding writing down passwords & sharing them
- Campaign 2018: Improving Cyber Literacy in Political Campaigns | Shorenstein Center at Harvard Kennedy School
- The CyberSecurity Campaign Playbook | Belfer Center at Harvard Kennedy School
The views and opinions expressed on this podcast are those of the hosts and do no necessarily reflect the policies or positions of CMDI, or any other agency, organization, employer, or company.