At the end of May, Facebook implemented new advertising rules for political and issue ads. In episode 7, Jack and Adrienne cover:
- Who needs to be verified and what the process requires.
- What Facebook classifies as an “issue” ad.
- How the new process will affect small businesses, nonprofits and former office holders.
- What the ad archive looks like and the information displayed.
For a detailed explanation of Facebook’s ad changes, please see CMDI’s guide on Facebook Political Ads.
- Facebook’s Blueprint class on Political Ads
- Facebook’s FAQ on Political Ads
- Facebook’s list of issues that are categorized as political ads
- Facebook’s searchable archive of political ads