Erik Nilsson, leading political fundraising innovator, joins forces with CMDI to kick off the 2012 Political Season
Washington, DC — CMDI, creator of America’s leading Republican finance platform, today announced that Erik Nilsson, founder of Fundly, the internet’s largest social fundraising website, has joined the CMDI management team as Vice President.
Mr. Nilsson, who had been President & Founder of Palo Alto based Fundly, will be in charge of building upon CMDI’s already massive user-base accounting for 55% of all Republican funds raised nationally.
“We are fortunate to have someone of Erik Nilsson’s caliber and experience joining CMDI,” said John Simms, Founder and President of CMDI. “We are at a critical moment in the 2012 election season and are facing many market opportunities. Erik is a political technology visionary whose products have raised hundreds of millions of dollars for Republicans. We are excited to have him join our team and bring his know-how to our clients and products.”
Prior to joining CMDI, Mr. Nilsson founded Fundly, which is now the largest online social fundraising platform, servicing both political organizations and non-profits. In the 2010 election cycle, Fundly was involved in 50% of the US Senatorial races and 35% of the Gubernatorial races.
Before founding Fundly, Mr. Nilsson created political software products used by many political organizations including McCain for President, the Republican National Committee, Romney for President and the Republican Governor’s Association.
Nilsson said, “I am honored and excited to join CMDI. Crimson, its CRM platform, and other products set the standard for web-based political fundraising systems. CMDI constantly innovates to deliver the latest technology in a challenging marketplace. Political fundraising is evolving fast this year, and I believe that CMDI’s leadership will continue to influence how citizens participate in national and state level politics.”
About CMDI – www.cmdi.com
CMDI is America’s largest Republican campaign finance services platform, providing software and FEC compliance services that have managed over $7.5 billion for federal campaigns and committees.
CMDI’s allows clients to successfully manage the donor relationship lifecycle in order to maximize campaign revenues and minimize FEC compliance risks.
CMDI’s has consistently provided innovative solutions throughout the company’s 30 year history:
- 2011 – Romney for President: Launched RPM, the only political multi-level, volunteer fundraising platform available for campaigns from Presidential to Congressional.
- 2008 – McCain, Romney, Giuliani, and Thompson for President: Deployed a web based enterprise system that managed all aspects of the campaign donor relationship, from donation to FEC reporting.
- 2004 – Bush for President: Created advanced donor downline tracking systems to power the Pioneer and Ranger fundraising programs.
- 1996 – Dole for President: Devised the first electronic FEC filing system for Presidential matching funds.
- 1993 – Republican National Committee: Released the first SaaS (software-as-a-service) political fundraising and compliance data system.
- 1987 – George H. W. Bush for President: Developed a PC based Iowa caucus tracking system
- 1984 – CMDI integrated an online automated list order fulfillment system with national voter database
- 1980 – Reagan for President: Built voter databases in key states overlaid with demographic characteristics and targeted voter clusters with personalized messages utilizing new xerographic technology.