CMDI’s performance is unequaled by any other firm in FEC compliant remittance processing, Republican or Democrat, and compares favorably with firms operating in the commercial or charitable markets. In the 2008 campaign cycle CMDI’s clients utilized our systems and staff to report to the Federal Election Commission more than $1.34 billion and over 10.5 million gift transactions.
CMDI screened for compliance all contributions and compiled the gift data reported to the FEC. CMDI opened in-house and deposited via cash, Check21 or credit card over $500 million, and keyed or loaded all $1.34 billion. According to the FEC, these contributions represented about 55% of all money federally reported by Republican Party committees and campaigns, nationally.
Our guiding philosophy is that Republicans must do a better job of FEC compliance than Democrats. Failure to comply or the mere appearance of impropriety by Republicans risks unfavorable legal and political consequences, especially for high profile presidential candidates. Democrat FEC mistakes or worse are often overlooked by the press and the regulators. That’s why CMDI holds itself to the highest standard of performance.
Services we offer:
- Opening, screening, coding, batching, scanning and deposit of check contributions
- Processing of credit card and cash contributions
- Data entry of donor and contribution information into Crimson
- Batching of exception contributions
- Returning problem contributions to donors with appropriate correspondence
- Researching possible corporate checks
- Review and monitoring of over limit donors
- Processing and monitoring status for follow-up correspondence
- Processing of reattributions and redesignations
- Processing special situation correspondence for partnerships, LLCs, PACs and other organizations
- Preparation of refund request lists
- Recording of refund, debit and chargeback adjustments
- Recording of in-kind contributions
- Monitoring for identifiable duplicate records
- Reconciling contribution data to bank and merchant statements for FEC reporting
- Donor contribution issue research
- Assistance in preparing FEC amendment reports
- Coordination and consultation with Treasury staff, senior advisors and legal counsel
- Best Efforts letters as required by current FEC regulations